IKEA Checkout Teardown
IKEA, the global furniture leader, owes its success to its unique approach to marketing and selling quality houseware. Ready-to-assemble furnishings and carefully planned store layout led IKEA to become a household name.
However, the recent shift towards online shopping pushed IKEA to go digital and build their own e-commerce store.
In this teardown, we’ll dissect IKEA’s checkout experience. Strap in as we go with the checkout flow to uncover IKEA’s online marketing/sales tactics. Let’s see how well they were able to adapt their Swedish ingenuity to the online retail world.
For the Win??
- Nailed the visual hierarchy
- Sticky product that follows you around
- Compelling Add to Cart stage
- Clarity and control
- Secure checkout
- No distractions
- Way too many form fields
- Intimidating payment page
- Unclear CTAs at late checkout stages
- Inconsistencies in design